Followers

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Summer..

Oh I how I wish summer could stay forever!  I just love this time of year.  I love to feel the sun on me, I hate to be cold.  I would be at home on some tropical island, kicked back on the beach with a cold, fruity beverage in my hand.  I love the beach and wish I lived near one again. I love to read and love to just sit in the sun with a good book.  I can pretty much drown out the world with a good book!

So my youngest son is going to summer camp tomorrow and I will really miss him!  My oldest will already be there as he will  be working there for the summer.  I have to take him back up every Sunday.  He comes home every Saturday, so far he has gotten a ride home on Saturdays which I am grateful for!  It is a 3 hour round trip to take him to Camp Alexander!

So for the week it will be just my daughter and myself.  She went camping with a friend and I hope that she had fun.  She deserves it.  She has had a really rough couple of months.  She just found out that someone she THOUGHT was supposed to be her best friend just deleted her from a social media site. She was of course devastated. She has been friends with this girl for so long and had a falling out with another girl and it seems that both other girls decided not to be even human beings anymore.  What I mean is they threw a friendship away ... for a silly little spat that my daughter only had with 1 of them.  The other wasn't even involved, she just...chose the other girl even though she hadn't been her friend as long.  So now what?  How do I help my daughter through this?  She is so upset and has been trying hard not to let me see it.  I feel so twisted inside knowing there is nothing I can do to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment