Followers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Day Has Come! Off to Vegas to see my man!


I am beyond excited as I write this. In a few hours (it happens to be 3:30 am) I will be on a plane to Las Vegas with my youngest son to meet Jeff and spend until Friday there in Vegas, then we will all drive back home with Jeff in his truck. Just to hang out with him after not seeing him for so long..I am looking forward to even the drive from Vegas to Colorado. I just can't sleep now.

Today was the last day of school for my middle school kids and I am sooo glad! My high schooler has 1 more day. After that...no more getting up early!! Oh yes, I am NOT a morning person. Nope. Can't do it. My body screams and won't obey my will to get out of bed. On the other hand as it is nearly 4am.. I AM a night owl. Sooo I can sleep in and of course all of my kiddos are night owls as well. It works for us.

Of course the down side of the trip is this:...Jeff leaves for Thule on June 2. Yep, that is correct, he doesn't even get a week with us before he leaves for a year. I want to scream and throw things when I think about it. But I guess all I can do is focus on the fact that I DO get to see him for 5 nights before he leaves and make the most of it. I am also bummed that I will miss his change of command. I really wish I could see it. But..I wish isn't getting me anywhere, so I just have to focus on the future and live life day to day and enjoy the life I have!!

---But I sure do love my husband! Can't wait to see him!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment