Followers

Sunday, April 18, 2010

The first night alone..

Well it is just after midnight and even though I'm pretty tired, my mind won't let me sleep. J. left this morning and I was proud that I managed to hold it together all day pretty nicely! But it is hitting me that is is only DAY ONE of 14 months!! Damn that is a loong time! Even by the end of the summer we will only be into maybe a third of the time of the deployment. It just seems like forever right now. I see bits of him everywhere in the house. His shampoo, dressers,the t-shirt he left me. Then again the absence of him is seen when I look in the closet...nearly empty on his side. It ...looks so lonely. Just like me.

2 comments:

  1. I think the first few days are the toughest. I promise it gets better. And you'll have your bad days, but hopefully the good will start outweighing the bad soon enough. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. I know that it is only day 2, and I have to "get over myself"... I'm in my own way I think. It is nice to "know" someone in the same boat. I don't live on base so my neighbors are clueless. It is really nice to have you comment.

    ReplyDelete